Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JK

How to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.5

Guest JK

Dear Sir,

I purchased JET 4.1 professional for Windows with 30 days getting started support + 1 year maintenance at the end of 2005. How do I now upgrade the product in practice? Download anonymouysly the JET 4.5 and run the install? Can the 4.5 install detect the current version and transfer any licence information automatically or how?

Is the end of the maintenance date stored somewhere in my system? Can I see it somehow using the JET gui?

I purchased the JET 4.1 from componentsource.

Thanks for your help.

We have emailed the download instructions for v4.5 to all customers with active Maintenance Contracts on the release date. The problem in your case is that ComponentSource's policy is to not communicate the email address of their customers to product vendors. Please email our Sales Dept. the serial number of your license or a copy of your ComponentSource receipt, and we'll send you the download instructions for 4.5 right away.

You would have to either remove 4.1 before installing 4.5 or make them co-exist by renaming the 4.1 installation directory and installing 4.5 into the same directory where 4.1 was installed. You will then be able to switch between them by renaming the directories. Make sure to back up your 4.1 project files though as they will be upgraded if you open and save them in 4.5.