Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JK

JET conflicts with Netbeans IDE / CVS

Guest JK

Hi,

After I upgraded JET to 4.5 it happened that CVS tagging commands in NetBeans5.0 IDE started to fail.

When I try to tag source modules I get following error message into IDEs cvs output window:

Fatal error: JET installation cannot be found.

HOW TO FIX:

If you port compiled executables to other machines, please, use the JetPackII

deployment wizard (see JET User's Guide, "Deployment Automation" for details).

Otherwise, include the JET/bin directory into PATH or reinstall JET.

CVS server: Pre-tag check failed

My guess is that NetBeans or CVS launches errenuously some JET modules.

I have not changed NetBeans or CVS configuration, only change is that I upgraded JET from 4.1 to 4.5. With JET 4.1 CVS tagging worked fine. JET\bin directory is first directory in the path as modified by JET install. I tried to temporarily remove JET\bin from path and restart NetBeans IDE with path not having JET\bin but same error message was shown.

My OS is WinXP pro.

Yes, Netbeans or CVS tries to launch some? JET-compiled executable, and I have no clue what executable it tries to launch and why it tries. Possibly, you might spy on the executable in Task Manager.? The most probably that it tries to launch the executable compiled with JET4.1.? I can suspect also, that you compiled something with JET 4.1 and occasionally configured Netbeans or CVS to launch the executable or even you replaced some Netbeans's executable with JET-compiled one at some compilation session. So I can recommend you to remember everything you compiled with JET to check their relation to the problem.

Guest JK

You got it right, thanks! I found the module that CVS was configured to run before tagging.