Excelsior Forums
bpracht

JIT ERROR: (RT) couldn't load compiler

Received following message when starting my standalone Jet compiled executable:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: JIT ERROR: (RT) couldn't loa

d compiler

at java.lang.Void.<unknown>(Unknown Source)

Using Jet 4.10 and IBM J2SE 1.4.2_10.  I don't know what subversion, mp, or whatever else more specific than 4.10.  This project was built using jc and jetpackii.  It uses Swing/AWT.  Could someone please tell me what this message really means?  Another forum post implied that the user didn't include enough of the JRE or JET DLL's, but I don't know what else to include.  Is there an easy to use tool to figure that out?  (5-10 minutes tops).

Suggestion:  Either make jetpackii work so that this message never happens, meaning that jetpackii always finds what it needs, or produce a message saying what's missing. 

Thanks,

Ben Pracht

It is known issue with JET4.1 (not related to other JET versions). The issue occurs when .jpn project files created by JET3.7 and earlier JET versions are opened with JetPackII of JET4.1: if JIT runtime DLLs was not added in old .jpn project, they do not appear in new .jpn project also, and there is no explicit way to add them but only by manually removing and adding again all JET-compiled binaries.

To get the hotfix fixing the problem, contact our support team at java@excelsior-usa.com .