Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnrule

Compatibility with JDK 1.6

Hello,

The last update was great by the way! ;D

There are some very important fixes that I require in JDK 1.6...when do you anticipate compatibility?

Thanks,

JR

We too will soon require JDK 1.6 compatability.  Since we are drawing nearer to the middle of 07 is there an updated release date for this feature?

It's scheduled on 3-4Q 2007

May I ask why it's important for you?

I mean what's appeared in Java 6  that you could not find in Java 5.

My products will not be compatible with Vista until I have 1.6 compatability in Jet and I have requests for a Vista version now.  The idea of waiting perhaps another six months is a serious worry.

1. As far as I can discover, on Windows Vista, the timezone is returned correctly only by jre1.6.0 (1.6.0-b105).  It returns GMT+8, Asia/Shanghai for us - we are in Hong Kong, but the timezone is the same.

All of these: jre1.5.0-b64, jre1.4.2_11-b06 and jre1.4.2_13-b06 on Vista show the timezone as GMT+0.

My software, compiled with Jet and run on Windows XP returns the correct timezone (whether is us the VM for 1.4.2 or 1.5)

2. On Windows Vista, using a version of my software compiled to the 1.5 JVM with Jet, Swing buttons are grayed out in some cases.  The same happens in Java 1.5 itself. 

It is OK with Java 1.6 and it is OK with Jet on Windows XP.

You asked Xray:

>  May I ask why it's important for you?

>  I mean what's appeared in Java 6  that you could not find in Java 5.

Well for me, it's not what I can find in 1.6 that isn't in 1.5, but what works under Vista in 1.6 and not in 1.5.

We understand your concern

All of these: jre1.5.0-b64, jre1.4.2_11-b06 and jre1.4.2_13-b06 on Vista show the timezone as GMT+0.

Did you check it with JRE 1.5.0_11 under Vista?