Excelsior Forums
demolish

Missing Java system property in JetPackII

JetPackII Professional ver 4.5.

In a project file I have the following line:

-jetvmprop=-Djet.jit.fast -Djet.jit.cache -Djet.jit.cache.dir:./jitcache -Djet.gc.ratio:50 -Djet.gc.heaplimit:0 -Djet.gc.defragment -Djet.stack.trace -Djava.class.path:CISXApp.jar;common_code.jar;cisx_common.jar;mdms_common.jar;cisx_jdbc.jar;alloy.jar;HTMLEditorEnterprise.jar;jasperreports.jar;jasper_support.jar;kunststoff.jar -dll:com.incors.plaf.kunststoff.*:kunststoff.dll -dll:com.lowagie.*:jasper_support.dll -dll:org.apache.*:jasper_support.dll -dll:net.sf.jasperreports.*:jasperreports.dll

yet when I open the JetPackII application it does not display the Java system property setting:

-Djet.gc.defragment

I have to manually add it to the installation project.

In contract I have another application that does not include jit caching, but does include setting -Djet.gc.defragment, yet the JetPackII displays this setting correctly.

Unfortunately, we failed to reproduce the misbehaviour on our side. JetPackII works.

Did you install any JET 4.5 updates?

Did you recompile your project after the -Djet.gc.defragment property was added to -jetvmprop list?

Please try to reproduce the problem from scratch and give us detailed scenario if the problem exists.

Ok I had to upgrade the App to at least 4.5 MP3, so I decided to go to the latest release 4.8 MP1.

The problem still exists but I have narrowed the problem down to this: I already have a JetPackII project created and all the system properties are correct. I then update one of the components, for example the .exe file, via changes to the .prj file. In this case I have simply added the jet.gc.defragment option to the -jetvmprop line of the project file. I recompile the .exe file. I then reopen the JetPackII project, which informs me that the .exe file has changed, but it does not update the system properties. I have to remove the .exe file from the project and then add it back before the correct system properties are displayed. This is not ideal because removing the .exe file from the project also removes all the shortcut properties.

One more thing: I have another application, very similar, all the same dll project files, but a slightly different .exe project. The main differences to the project file is that it doesn't have JIT caching enabled:

-jetvmprop=-Djet.jit.fast -Djet.gc.defragment -Djet.gc.ratio:100 -Djet.gc.heaplimit:0 -Djet.stack.trace -Djava.class.path:ContribApp.jar;common_code.jar;cisx_jdbc.jar;alloy.jar;cisx_common.jar;mdms_common.jar;HTMLEditorEnterprise.jar;jasperreports.jar;jasper_support.jar;kunststoff.jar -dll:com.incors.plaf.kunststoff.*:kunststoff.dll -dll:com.lowagie.*:jasper_support.dll -dll:org.apache.*:jasper_support.dll -dll:net.sf.jasperreports.*:jasperreports.dll

When I make changes to the system properties on this project, recompile the .exe and then reopen the JetPackII project, the system properties are updated correctly! There seems to be something odd going on here?

When I make changes to the system properties on this project, recompile the .exe and then reopen the JetPackII project, the system properties are updated correctly! There seems to be something odd going on here?

That's not odd, it may be the root cause of the problem. We will just check this scenario on our end and return back to you with the results (or a fix)  B)

--ZZ Top