Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Linuxhippy

Problem running proguard-preprocessed classes

Hello,

I stumbled across a problem when doing the profile run for the "global optimizer". It seems that xjava has problems with files processed with proguard.

I've written a client/server application where the client abots with the following message when runnig under JET:

[ce@localhost ~]$ /home/ce/Programme/jetbeta2/bin/xjava  -cp debug_proguard.jar  swingbrowser.test.client.NetworkTestClient
step2:0 step3:0
Gr??e vor shrink: 1 nach shrink:1
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException
        at java.lang.Void.<unknown>(Unknown Source)

Whereas it works with JDK-1.3.1_u16, and 6.0_u1.

For me this has really absolutly no priority - I just throught maybe it could useful to know. The problem is that its a client/server app and I haven't created a distributeable package for the server part. However if you like, I could package it and upload it as well?

The txt-files are actually jar-files, the forum however does not allow (why?) this file-type .-/

lg Clemens

debug.txt

debug_proguard.txt

For me this has really absolutly no priority - I just throught maybe it could useful to know.

We are interested in checking this problem.

The problem is that its a client/server app and I haven't created a distributeable package for the server part. However if you like, I could package it and upload it as well?

Yes please do that.

Hello again.

As mentioned before the program consists of a client and a server, the server for now also launches a single client in one go because it was only developed for development purposes. So simply ignore the first window that pops up.

The server classes are unmodified, the client-classes have been processed with proguard-4beta4.

1.) Start the server in the server-directory: java -cp commons-logging.jar:bouncycastle131.jar:concurrent-134.jar:javax.servlet.jar:org.mortbay.jetty-jdk1.2.jar:swingbrowser_server.jar Launcher

2.) Start the client in the client-directory : java -cp uibrowser_client.jar:. uibrowser.client.containers.JETDelegationLoader

On my Linux system jre-6_u1 works as expected whereas JET throws the IllegalMonitorState-Exception.

The complete demo is available from my university account: http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0625701/jet_proguard_demo.tar.bz2

If you find the problem, please post what was the reason ... I am really curious :-)

Thanks, Clemens

Thanks for the example, we will check it.

One question: does the problem appear if you do not use proguard for the classes?