Excelsior Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Linuxhippy

Focus problems with JetPack2 and Launchpad under Linux

While testing Jet5-Beta2 quite often dialogs stayed open (as shown in the screenshot), it was to some kind possible to use it further (keyboard events only were consumed by the dialogs).

Its not really problematic but a bit nerving.

I also had once the behaviour that JET became fullscreen ;)

I am using Fedora-Core6 with KDE-3.5.5.

lg Clemens

post-59-13028569901133_thumb.jpg

Dear Linuxhippy,

I guess that it makes no sence to ask you if the problem appears in the Windows version of Excelsior JET.  B)

Could you describe a scenario that causes these annoying artefacts so that we try to reproduce them on our end?

Regards,

--ZZ Top

The windows version did never show these problems. However i now tried to reproduce it (it happend several times while playing with JET) and it always worked  :rolleyes:

I can remember that dialogs that cam up were not closed automatically. If it happens again, I'll try to figure out how to reproduce it.

Sorry that I can't provide more details :-/

lg Clemens

PS: Is the JET-UI based on wine? It looks so windows-like.

Is the JET-UI based on wine? It looks so windows-like

Wrong guess  B)

Don't you have an idea that it's Swing?  If not, why?  B)

Cheers,

--ZZ Top

Well because of the filechooser and the windows-lnf-like buttons and the used fonts. Furthermore the application is very responsive and fast  :D

By the way thank you for creating a Linux-Version, I remember when I thought that its sad that its only available for windows ;).

For now I am a student so I'll play with the evaluation and later maybe buy a student-version ... but who knows what'll be when I've graduated ^^

lg Clemens

Furthermore the application is very responsive and fast

I knew you would say it.  B)

AOT makes Swing faster and that's not a hype. Frankly speaking, we are a bit tired of convincing people of the virtues of AOT compilation. I do not mean we want to drop it, of course not.  Many people do believe in the magic of JIT and just do not want to see anything else. Nervertheless our customer base is growing now and it will keep growing in the future. Therefore, it's a "privilege" of our customers to appreciate the benefits of both Java and AOT.

By the way thank you for creating a Linux-Version, I remember when I thought that its sad that its only available for windows.

For now I am a student so I'll play with the evaluation and later maybe buy a student-version ... but who knows what'll be when I've graduated

Thanks for your contributions such as publishing that example which may help us nail down a potential problem.