Excelsior JET 3.6 Maintenance Pack 5 Download
Excelsior JET 3.6 Maintenance Pack 5 (MP5) is a highly recommended update that fixes multiple customer issues. It supersedes Maintenance Pack 4 and incorporates all hotfixes you may have received from Excelsior Technical Support prior to August 29, 2006.
WARNING: Maintenance Packs fix particular problems reported by Excelsior JET users and discovered by Excelsior test engineers after the release of the respective version of the product. They are tested on a representative subset of the test suite used during preparation of the original release. We therefore only recommend you to install Maintenance Packs in the following cases:
The most important issues resolved in Excelsior JET 3.6 Maintenance Pack 5 are as follows:
- JET-2111, JET-2088: Fix for trap#3 crash during JIT compilation. Appears on Hibernate 3.1.
- JET-2118: Fix for hang of JET GUI tools on startup on some Windows installations.(Windows only)
- JET-2185: Memory leak in Java strings creation routine (JNI_NewString as well) fixed.
- JET-2134: Fix for hang during application exit if HP tools are installed. (Windows only)
- JET-1339: Fix for incorrect "java.net.SocketException: Invalid option" when setting timeout for datagram sockets. (Linux only)
- JET-2482: Fix for NullPointerException/runtime error #3 on systems with DEP enabled. (Windows only)
If you are a registered customer of Excelsior JET 3.6 Standard or Professional Edition, but have not received a user/password combination for MP5 download, request it from our Support Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the platform and Excelsior JET Edition you are using, click one of the download links below:
MP5 installs on top of the original Excelsior JET 3.6, possibly with previous Maintenance Packs applied. If you need to make a fresh installation, install Excelsior JET 3.6 first, cancel JET Setup, apply MP5, and then use JET Setup to create profiles.
To update an existing Excelsior JET installation, launch the downloaded executable and follow the on-line prompts. Upon successful copying of Maintenance Pack files, JET Setup will launch automatically and apply the Maintenance Pack.
Installation of MP5 obsoletes your current JET profiles, if any. You will have to refresh them before you may continue using Excelsior JET. Those profiles are backed up by JET Setup. If you rollback to the previous update level, they will be restored.
The procedure of profile refresh is as follows:
JET Setup is launched automatically upon successful installation of MP5. Select the profile that you want refreshed and click Refresh.
Run JET Setup to display the list of profiles:
- jetsetup -show-profiles
- Locate in the list the outdated profile(s) that you need to refresh and write down their numeric indexes.
For each profile index in your list, run JET Setup as follows:
- jetsetup -refresh-profile profile
where profile is the profile index.
To rollback to the previous update level, select Manage JET Updates in Excelsior JET Start Menu and click Undo.
Rollback does not remove the installed updates and associated profiles, so you can reapply MP5 later without installing it. Select Manage JET Updates and click Redo until it displays the current configuration as "jet-360-mp5".
Run JET Setup to display the list of installed updates:
- jetsetup -show-updates
Locate in the list the updates which you need to activate.
Then run JET Setup again as follows:
- jetsetup -activate-update list
where list is a colon-separated list of update names.
Display the list of profiles available for the new combination of updates:
- If necessary, create new profiles.